The job market has changed a lot in recent years and now companies offer opportunities that until recently may have seemed like mere ideas. Malta digital nomad visa is for non-EU nationals who can work remotely if their company allows it. In other words, this is an opportunity to work from anywhere in the world, in this case, in Malta, with the help of a Malta nomad visa. The formalities are quite simple, and an immigration lawyer in Malta can provide you with the necessary support to obtain a nomad residence permit in Malta.
How to Get a Malta Digital Nomad Visa
Are you interested in becoming a digital nomad in Malta and need a visa? It is necessary to review the eligibility criteria, to be able to find out if you meet the rules. Here’s what the digital nomad visa application for Malta entails:
- A monthly income of at least EUR 2,700 is one of the conditions for obtaining a Malta digital nomad visa.
- Applicants must provide proof of employment in their country of origin.
- Applicants for the Malta digital nomad visa must have a valid passport.
- There is also a need for health insurance to cover any medical emergencies in Malta.
- The authorities reserve the right to check the criminal record, and if a criminal history is discovered, then the Malta nomad visa application may be rejected.
In addition to the above, applicants for Malta digital nomad visa and nomad residence permit in Malta, applicants must complete standard forms and submit a letter of intent explaining the reasons for relocation to Malta. We invite you to talk to our immigration lawyers in Malta about digital nomad in Malta and find out what formalities are involved. We can handle the paperwork as soon as you contact us, so you can be sure that the application is correct.
Details about nomad residence permit in Malta
With the application for the digital nomad visa for Malta, the candidates enter the process of obtaining a nomad residence permit in Malta, especially if they intend to live in this country for a year. In addition to the above criteria, third-country nationals must provide proof of residence in Malta by presenting an apartment rental agreement,
The authorities also ask for a Europass CV, proof of income, and a statement promising that you have enough funds to pay for medical problems if they are not covered by the insurance policy.
Apostille and legalization of birth certificates of family members are mandatory for those who apply for a nomad residence permit in Malta. So, there are quite a few formalities to keep in mind if you are interested in digital nomad Malta. Do not hesitate to talk to our immigration lawyer in Malta and get legal help and assistance for the necessary paperwork.
Taxes for Malta digital nomad
Third-country nationals who manage to obtain a nomad residence permit in Malta do not have to worry about personal income tax because it does not exist. In other words, only the taxes paid by the company you work for in your home country remain valid. However, you should be aware of the consumption tax in Malta as VAT is charged for goods and services.
Why be a digital nomad in Malta
Malta is an extremely cosmopolitan and multicultural small island state that attracts a large number of foreign investors and tourists alike every year. As things have changed and it is now very easy to work remotely, many companies are relocating employees, and Malta is one of their favorite destinations.
The country is known for high standards of living, an excellent infrastructure, high-speed internet, an excellent charging system, simple connections with the countries on the continent, and a community of expats in which integration is very easy. Here are some statistics on immigration and the Maltese population:
- Malta’s population is about 443,300, according to worldometers.info.
- About 19% of the total Maltese population is made up of immigrants, with approximately 85,000 foreigners living in Malta.
- Most immigrants to Malta come from countries such as the UK, Germany, Italy, Spain, and France.
- Malta is also known for providing a better life for asylum seekers. Thus, in the first 6 months of 2020, more than 1,600 asylum seekers were already registered.
Want more information about being a digital nomad in Malta? You are invited to contact our team of immigration lawyers in Malta and discuss all legal issues. We are here to help you get your Malta nomad visa.