Citizenship by Investment is possible in Malta and it is considered the Golden Visa in Malta or the possibility of making investments and gaining a series of benefits. Malta Golden Visa requirements can be explained by one of our immigration lawyers in Malta who can help foreigners relocate to Malta.
Table of Contents
Malta Golden Visa program in 2023
Malta Individual Investor Program or MIIP targets high net-worth individuals who can easily make specific investments, in accordance with the rules imposed in this country. As such, a minimum investment of EUR 650.000 made by a foreigner in Malta comes with citizenship after living in the country for at least one year. Even family members can join this important program, with the mention that a contribution of EUR 25,000/member is required. The golden passport in Malta is also granted for such huge investments in the country through MIIP. Legal assistance should be solicited from one of our Maltese immigration lawyers with experience in this field. Our specialists help international investors obtain Malta Golden Visa and relocate to Malta in a fast and reliable manner.
What are the eligibility criteria for Malta Golden Visa?
Malta Golden Visa requirements involve a series of eligibility criteria that must be entirely respected. Providing information about the source of investment funds is solicited by the Maltese authorities who closely work with the international authorities. We would like to highlight the fact that investments made by foreigners without a clear criminal record are not accepted. Moreover, a medical record showing no contagious diseases, and a health insurance policy are solicited by the immigration authorities in charge of verifications of the visa applications. The entire procedures for Malta Golden Visa Program can be overseen and managed by one of our immigration lawyers in Malta who have experience in this field. We are here to help you move to Malta.
Maltese Citizenship by Exceptional Service is available since 2020, and it is part of the Maltese Citizenship Act provisions. Considering this information, affluent persons with a reputable image can obtain citizenship by naturalization, with a specific investment. A direct investment of EUR 750,000 is one of the conditions.
Gaining citizenship in Malta through real estate properties
There is also another possibility to join Malta Golden Visa Program and that is to invest in the real estate sector. As such, purchasing a property worth around EUR 350,000 is the main requirement, if it is owned for at least 5 years. Foreigners can also rent properties in Malta, with annual rents of at least EUR 16,000 to join the Malta Golden Visa Program. More about Malta Golden Visa requirements can be discussed with our specialists in the field. Make sure you prepare your requests and send us an email or solicit a free case evaluation from us as we can help you immigrate to Malta.
Would you like to move to Malta in 2023? You might be interested in the programmes offered by the government, with a minimum investment of EUR 120,000. You also have another option, that of investing EUR 250,000 in bonds, plus a contribution of EUR 30,000 to the government. Whatever your choice, you must make sure that you have all the necessary documents to prove the respective incomes. Get in touch with our lawyers for all the legal support offered.
The same Maltese Citizenship by Exceptional Service mentions that besides a minimum investment, one must purchase or rent a property, and also make a donation. Spouses and children below 28 years also are also accepted in the program, alongside parents and grandparents.
Why choose Malta for investments and citizenship
Malta is a great destination for those interested in better living conditions and access to a wide range of well-developed and appreciated services. The country offers a wide range of programs through which foreigners can gain permanent residency and citizenship, under specific conditions. Below you can find a few of the reasons why Malta is great for relocation and living standards:
- Malta is attractive from an economic and political point of view, due to the stability offered in this direction.
- Investors do analyze these aspects before business relocation or investments.
- Being a strong financial center, Malta is quite representative in front of entrepreneurs from overseas.
- Retiring to Malta is beneficial because of the great standards of living involving the healthcare and education systems.
- In terms of expenses, freelancers in Malta enjoy varied benefits from this point of view.
- Businessmen from abroad enjoy the advantages in the field. For instance, there are no complex procedures for company formation in Malta.
- High net-worth investors can join Malta Golden Visa, make investments, and gain citizenship under certain conditions.
- The gaming sector is highly developed in Malta and an attraction to foreign entrepreneurs who want to generate profits in this field.
- The taxation regime of Malta is another great benefit considered by international entrepreneurs who want to cut the amount of taxes in the firm. Talk to us for more information about how to immigrate to Malta.
As for the business and economic direction in Malta, the following facts and figures can tell you more details in this sense:
- Malta registered almost USD 206 billion in terms of total FDI.
- The 2020 Doing Business report ranked Malta 88th out of 190 worldwide economies for simplified business conditions.
- Malta has one of the highest GDP ratios in the world, at approximately 1425%.
- The financial and insurance sector absorbed nearly 97% of the total FDI stock registered in 2019.
Those interested in citizenship in Malta should know that both EU and non-EU citizens are eligible. Practically, there are no restrictions regarding the nationality of those who want to enter the dedicated programs. We remind you of the formalities that you need to make investments in real estate or in various businesses in order to obtain the desired citizenship. Also, family members are accepted, namely spouses, children, parents, and grandparents, as part of the main application.
What is a Maltese Schengen visa?
The Maltese Schengen visa is available since 2007 when Malta joined the European Union. This type of visa allows foreigners to freely travel among the Schengen countries, and therefore, without interdictions. You can talk to our team of immigration lawyers in Malta and find out more about this type of visa and about the requirements that need to be respected. We can offer support if you want to immigrate to Malta.
The processing time for Maltese Citizenship by Exceptional Service is 1 year. Once granted this status, citizens can obtain the Maltese passport which has a validity of 10 years. Additional information is provided by our Maltese lawyers.
What are the conditions for obtaining a visa for Malta?
With the help of our immigration attorneys in Malta, foreign citizens can prepare the documents for visa applications and move to Malta. The following matters and requirements are the most important:
- A visa application form is available as part of the entire process.
- A valid passport is needed at the time of the visa application.
- Two photos in a passport format are required.
- A travel medical insurance covering up to at least EUR 30,000 is required.
- The return ticket reservation is also solicited at the time the visa application is made.
- Proof of accommodation in Malta is required, alongside proof of civil status.
- The purpose of the visit to Malta needs to be comprised of a visa cover letter.
- Finally, one should provide financial information and prove she/she can support living in Malta.
You can contact one of our lawyers if you want to obtain residency in Malta. Among the documents, you must present in this regard are health insurance, proof of personal funds, proof of domicile, and a valid passport. For a minimum investment of EUR 110,000, you can enter the Malta Permanent Residence program and obtain the desired status. But you can access all the information you need by contacting our law firm.
Would you like to know more about Malta Golden Visa Program and Golden Passport in Malta in 2023? We suggest you address one of our Maltese immigration lawyers and contact them soon. We can help you move to Malta. If you need a digital nomad visa in Malta, contact us for legal assistance.